The definition of gratitude is being in a state of gratefulness/thankfulness. In many of my posts I make mention of the fact that I’m a recovering alcoholic and cocaine addict. And while this may seem odd, I am grateful for both of those facts.
I am a proud member of Alcoholics Anonymous. I attend face to face meetings and serve as the secretary for my home group. I also supplement those meetings by being a member of Global Steps A.A. This is an online group that has over 60 video meetings each week. I chair two of those meetings myself, one on Saturdays at 2pm EST and the second on Sundays at 8pm EST. Now while these meetings are not a substitute for face to face meetings they are meetings and you physically see and hear individuals sharing their EXPERIENCE, STRENGTH and HOPE!!
One of the great things that individuals remind me is that it is good to do a GRATITUDE list everyday. Do I physically do my list on paper, or on social media? No, but I always have my list. Why do I bring this up? Because today I want to share my GRATITUDE list for April 8,2015 with you.
- I am GRATEFUL that I woke up today and did not just come to.
- I am GRATEFUL that I now can say that I have a job.
- I am GRATEFUL that I still have my loving partner even though I put him through hell during the worst part of my throws of alcoholism and addiction.
- I am GRATEFUL that I have two of the most awesome sisters that a man could ask for that love me UNCONDITIONALLY and stood by throughout the worst part of my throws of alcoholism and addiction.
- I am GRATEFUL that while yes I did wake up today, my active alcoholism and addiction did not kill me, nor did it affect my status of my HIV/AIDS being non-detectable. Because it sure could have been different!!!
- I am GRATEFUL that I have three BEAUTIFUL, smart nieces that have never shunned me because of my being gay, my health and most of all during the worst part of my addiction and alcoholism.
- I am GRATEFUL that I have four of the most ADORABLE great nieces that I do not see often enough.
- I am GRATEFUL that I am able to be of service and carry the message by telling my story and sharing my experience, strength and hope.
- I am GRATEFUL that I have such a large group of friends that support me in my recovery and who love me just because I am me.
- I am GRATEFUL that I am working on my discipline to write a blog post at least once a day.
- I am GRATEFUL that fellow bloggers are starting to read my blog.
- I am GRATEFUL that I have Stitchy, Buddy, Tippy, Missy, Crissy, Fluffy, Little Bitty, Minnie (Doodle) and Zailey our four-legged babies that also love me UNCONDITIONALLY!!!!
By the way the three dogs pictured above my gravatar are momma Missy and her two babies Fluffy and Little Bitty.
So, what do you want to show gratitude for? Until next time, that’s “What’s Rattling My Cage!”